Maria is curious about Alice and why a gang would want her. Then, wonders what Alice's fate might be after Ryl instructs on the virtues of lawful behavior.
Ryl considers a connection between the octopus in the jar and the kidnapping of Alice. He also instructs Maria in lawful behavior and duty.
Roark searches for something to generate a more pleasant aroma in the church. He is also startled by Zhou's revelation. Roark has a hunch that Zhou is trustworthy and believes his tale to be true. He has only heard of the Wobbegang is passing and has no true knowledge of them.
Oberron turns his attention to questioning Zhou and awaiting his response. The thought of the smell turns his stomach.
Rufus also questions Zhou and finds his emotions spinning in all directions. Alice was a friend and confidant. She was also an excellent investigator and known for her precautionary approach. Still bothered by the smell of the octopus, he exclaims for any recollection of this gang. Thinking back to his past life, before he left Absalom the first time, Rufus recalls some notoriety of the Wobbegang; named for the Wobbegong, a species of shark known for its masterful abilities of ambush, Rufus remembers the gang working in groups of 7 or 8 with great teamwork and cooperation to accomplish both simple and complex goals. Mostly young turks at the time, the bulk of their number were of Chelish heritage with a flare for the dramatic, often leaving creatures of the sea as their calling cards.

Zhou is more than nervous as questions come at him from both Oberon and Rufus; Well, sir, I know the gang, the Wobbegang puts all manner of sea-loving creatures on peoples doors as warnings at in their mouths and such when they choose to kill'em. And, I know that my cousin Chan was killed by them for crossing the gang on dealing demon dust. They mainly stick to the Puddles, I've heard. Squids might be used by them, sure. I don't when it happened, I just stopped by her office. This church was the only other place I heard mentioned in the discussion with master Leonel. Is there any other way I can help you masters before going back. I'm much saddened by your loss, but um, maybe Ms. Alice is still alive. That's more positive thinking I suppose. Zhou holds his hat and looks down toward his worn shoes.