View Single Post

Thread: Tales of the Raven Guard (IC)

1. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Tales of the Raven Guard (IC)

Suthri Almstedt remembered meeting "Excellence," and he remembered how little they had in common. He remembered the disappointment he felt, and the mild distaste at such open and oppressive vanity. But none of this explained the dislike that he remembered Lanlin expressing so many times over drinks. This, on the other hand, this did explain it.

Standing just outside the room, Suthri listened in growing anger as the gnome and tiefling exchange barbs. At Excellence's last line, Suthri had had enough. He rounded back to the room, placed his large dwarf hand on Lanlin's tiny shoulder, and began to bark, "Wh--"

"-khoff koff..." Suthri broke it off as soon as he'd begun. "Come, Lanlin, we have work to do. Excellence is only projecting."

He did his best to usher her back out of the room. "And, er, I apologize for my little joke a moment ago. Please do not ask Kraghammer about Buttletes. Bulettes, on the other hand, I do know. They are sluggish and cowardly creatures who grub about under the surface, lying in wait for unsuspecting prey. It is strange that anyone should think of using one for entertainment, and stranger still that it should cause this mess. I wish to get to the bottom of this business. Expend your anger on the investigation now, but I promise you" -- and here Suthri's voice lowered to a whisper, or at least the closest he could manage -- "we shall see about Excellence one day, you and I, together. Perhaps a curse of vermins, eh?"
    Last edited by galdre; 2017-02-05 at 10:36 PM.

Spoiler: Previous Games
    Show
    Tales of the Raven Guard - Suthri Almstedt - OOC - IC