1. - Top - End - #854
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

Spoiler
    Show
    Concerning Mineta's line, and translation in general...the fan translators that work on this series do have a tendancy to over swear when it comes to "a rude boy" type character. It's not without warrant, and they do a lot of good translation work, but some of their stuff can be a little off because...again, they're not professionals. I'd love to get a subscription to WSJ so I could correct any mistakes they've done but the site doesn't work for me. So I doubt it's a mistranslation, but it's likely something that "fits the general tone of what Mineta said". He probably just said something like "I'm gonna go look at some magazines" or something close to that, with the fact that Japanese is really good at providing context in the words itself, the implied meaning that yes it is to do that.

I'm...actually alright with the reveal that the only reason Togata didn't get picked is because Deku was just better. It's not some big "oh he's got a secret flaw or he's maybe evil" or anything, it's just...Toshinori met Deku and went "...this kid IS IT."

And then we get to Sir Nighteye...who is RIDICULOUS. He honestly, much like All Might himself, is drawn in such a way that he doesn't look like he's "part" of this universe, which I actually like. He's just SO INTENSE AND ANGULAR. And then he put his sidekick into a tickle torture machine for not jazzing up her report. And unfortunately, though Deku did do something funny, it's not something Sir Night finds funny...uh oh.

EDIT: OH ALSO SHIPPING. Maybe it's just me, in fact it's almost entirely just me, but the "we broke up" line made me think they did more than just be super hero and side kick. But again, literally just a spur of the moment thought.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2017-02-09 at 10:51 AM.