[Degenburg Castle]

Sszinyon scowls. "It is not something I would normally discuss in public. In fact, I have shared it with very few, but perhaps now is the time to break my silence. The consequences matter little now. Still, it is a private matter." The lord of the castle pushed himself to his feet. "Come with me to the library, and we can discuss it there. Then you can determine for yourself if you understand my ire." He stepped down from the dais and walked towards and swept past the trio of investigators, expecting them to follow. The room became filled with murmurs from the crowd. Though they all knew well Sszinyon's hatred for his brother, few could even begin to suspect why. The pack wanted to know what troubled their alpha so, but was also pleased it may soon be resolved.

The vampire led the three back out of the double doors and into the entrance hall. He glides up the stairs and turns north, to the base of one of the tall towers that adorned the corners of the keep. Inside was a small library, filled with books that largely concerned astronomy and astrology, but there was a growing section on hunting and cooking, quite a few volumes dedicated to the various religions of the Nexus, and, one would note on a lower shelf, a section of children's books in bright colors. The room was lit with oil lamps and a small fireplace crackled warmly on one side. Comfortable chairs were set in a group near the fireplace, and singly throughout the room. The very center of the library was dominated by a large table, on which was spread a very detailed map of the castle's holdings and the nearby city of Inside. Closer inspection would show the map constantly updating, its ink flowing and changing as the Nexus did.

Sszinyon took a seat by the fire and gestured for the others to join him. Once they were all settled he sighed and asked. "Where do I begin? I suppose I should ask you how much you know about House Xar'Cha?"