Quote Originally Posted by solidork View Post
Operator, put God on. Yes, I'll hold.
That's pretty funny on its own. Although you might need the second part for a character concept.

Spoiler: "I do something very, very difficult. I shut-up."
Show
-Ernesto Sirolli

Sometimes inaction is harder than action. Sometimes it is also more effective. A zen-type monk.
Spoiler: "You can hate me later."
Show
-Earthsong Saga

An unpopular hero, saving people who don't want to be saved or from themselves. Or maybe that is just the justification, maybe they aren't quite the hero they tell themselves they are.
Spoiler: "The only after effect I've noticed is a marked aversion to guns, knives and crime-fighters..."
Show
-Batman

This seems to sum up the edger versions of Batman, a hero, but one made of terror.

Challenge, anyone got a quote for the non-edge version of Batman, best I got is "Because I'm Batman."
Spoiler: "Never imagined I'd be in here, did you?" "The closet? Certainly not."
Show
-Erf World

One who appears in closets, OK a little bit more generally, one who does things people aren't expecting, if only for comedic value. The other sort of unexpected is either stupidity or brilliance, maybe there is some overlap here?
Spoiler: "Damages: 14.3 million dollars. A new record. Congratulations. Also, I hate you."
Show
The long suffering individual who has to clean up the messes everyone else leaves.