1. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: What's on the Shelf: 1001 Essays, Treatises, and Books on Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    876.) Mechanisms of Technically Honorable Warfare - This kobold authored book details the construction and use of a number of devices designed to skirt the rules of honorable warfare and combat, including a number of devices designed to deliver a formal declaration of war and then immediately kill the recipient
    880) Mechaniſms that Technically Count as Warfare – A treatise on gnomish devices that exploded and/or ran amok, particularly those presented as gifts to foreign governments or noble houses. Includes advice to ambassadors and heads of state of non-gnomish nations as to which types of device are most likely to explode and/or run amok (including such advice as "Do notte accept as a gyfte anythinge of gnomiſh manufacture wyth a boiler, or that otherwyſe maketh uſe of combuſtible fuel or high preſsures, for theſe are nigh-certain to detonate, or rupture and ſpew forth fires or ſcalding ſteam" and "Do notte accept a gyfte of any gnomiſh contraption equipped wyth any form of blade, eſpecially if allejed to be for the purpoſe of ſhaving or trymming of beardes or haire, due to the ſtrong probabilitie of a ſlit throate, ſcalping, or decapitation. Conſider the rampage of the Bronze Barber-Surgeon of 581 Pre-Cataclyſm, in whych half the court of Solamnia was ſcalped at the demonſtration before the infernal machine was deſtroyed by the Knyghts of Solamnia").
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2017-02-18 at 10:24 PM.
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.