1. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Build a Sorcerer Warmage Dread Necromancer Beguiler.

And level 9:

Beguiler Core:

Time Stop

Dread Necromancer Core:

Plague of Undead is thematic, but I can't help but think that we are past the point where skeletons and Zombies are a high priority.

Warmage Core:

Maybe Maw of Chaos.

And also Summon Undead IX. So that is one spell, up to 3 at most. I've been thinking about how to note down overlapping spells or spells that are overshadowed by later-level versions. So maybe noting them in red is the thing. By the numbers, the non-overlapping spells needed are

3/5/5/7/4/7/2/3/1 That's not a very good way of writing it up, I know, but I think it shows that there is a point where its doable. What I have learned from the feedback so far, is that Command Undead absolutely needs to be in there. There are also so many touch spells there that we will in practice need Spectral Hand, maybe through a Wand.

I got to do a little bit of actual work now, then I'll come back to look a bit closer at what I've nominated as "Core" spells of each class, and see if I can get feedback on that. I kind of feel I've done the Warmage an injustice, so that may need another looking at.

Edit: We'll be getting Necromantic Bloodline and Kin Mastery for Rebuke Undead. Necromantic bloodline gives us Dominate Person and Control Undead of the Core spells plus a few other nice ones, such as Vampiric Touch, Wail of the Banshee and Trap the Soul.

That changes the list to 3/5/5/7/3/7/1/3/1
    Last edited by Grim Reader; 2017-02-21 at 08:08 AM.