View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1066 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #167
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1066 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheNecrocomicon View Post
    I love how quick people are on this forum to apply the "you're just making things up" dismissal to lines of reasoning that they happen to dislike or think are unlikely.
    I am afraid that, since your response included linking two strips in which Andi didn't say anything about Bandana's career path but did mention Bandana's age, it was not well-calculated to make me think differently. Or was I supposed to be looking at "I've been fixing it for fifteen years, you know?"? A claim of rights over the Mechane based on her specific career involving fixing it and on the duration thereof, but still not a statement about Bandana's career path. And once again, you assert that Eugene believes things he's never said, ignoring the fact that Roy has a Masters' degree (and that Eugene--say it with me now--never said "fighters don't study or work hard"*). If you object to people pointing out that you're claiming things are in the comic that aren't in the comic, don't do so?

*Note, to avoid unclarity here: I think Eugene may well believe, if the conversation ever got to that point, that fighters don't study or work hard. I also think the conversation would never get to that point because Eugene would think it was ridiculous to suggest that he needed more of a reason to claim wizards are superior to fighters than the tautological "a fighter is not a wizard."
    Last edited by Kish; 2017-02-21 at 05:39 PM.