Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
Okay, can anyone point towards any sort of guide to making Disciplines?
In 3.5 or Pathfinder? The former has no stratified standard for discipline design, though there are certain traditional elements such as having only one 9th-level maneuver, and intuitive things like not having dead levels.

Pathfinder, on the other hand... from a quick look, they seem a bit more dense, but that's okay. The handful I looked at all had exactly six stances, though: two at 1st-level, and four spread roughly evenly from 3rd~8th levels. Also the traditional capstone maneuver seems to be in full swing, so that's nice too.

Besides not having more high-level maneuvers than low-level ones, I can't really think of where to point you. Sorry!

My advice would be to go for some clear fluff next: for instance, how does Sense Motive translate into being a tank? Are you a canny duelist, casually parrying strikes and redirecting them harmlessly, moving with impunity to impede foes, stopping only to laugh as you drive them to impact one-another instead of your allies? Are you a steely-eyed juggernaut, whose gaze captures every movement so perfectly that, even slowed by your armor, you intercept your foes with efficient grace? Or are you some more mystical force, like the judging angel whose castigation deprives foes of their will to do harm, or the illusion-piercing ninja master, himself so at one with the ethereal plane that with a wave of his hand, his allies find themselves transposed from harm's way?

We really should move this to another thread, though. I look forward to your creations!