Quote Originally Posted by darkbard View Post
What's the rest of the group? It's hard to give good advice in a vacuum.
I'm not 100% sure on the exact classes, but:
The main group is a Slayer and Hunter, I think (Definitely a melee and a ranged essentials class).
As well as a Druid and Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
For your listed purposes I'd call Thief a little better than Artful Dodger. Wis+Dex ranger is more mobile than Str+Dex, and a few ranger melee powers can run on Dex. Monk is also highly mobile but doesn't get anything better for ranged attacks than their high-Dex RBA, and hybridizing a monk generally goes poorly in my experience.

You might also consider a class with ranged and close powers instead of ranged and melee. There are plenty of close bursts and blasts that only target enemies.

Or go for an implement class with only ranged attacks, then use Staff Expertise or certain bits of equipment to prevent OAs for using ranged powers up close.
Thief actually looks pretty good, but I'm worried I might get bored with only basic attacks. I was also considering a sorcerer with blade channeling, but I like being a little oddball. Maybe a staff expertise warlock could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MwaO View Post
Ranger|Centered Breath Monk who starts with a 20 Dex makes for an interesting PC. Spend a feat on +2 to +3 AC at 1st level - Unarmored Agility as an example or Hybrid Talent. You have Twin Strike with a Bow/Crossbow which also counts as an implement for a Monk - you can use Bracers of Archery with your Monk powers as an example.

Kind of a Zen Archer type. With Quicksilver Motion at level 6, you zoom into combat when you need to do it. Invigorating Stride is always a good power for some self-healing/move
That sounds really interesting, thanks!

I'll play around with some builds and be back with more questions. Thanks for your help guys! If you think of anything else don't be shy to throw advice at me.