I realized I should have added a "Feats" section there. We'll need Heighten spell, since we don't have loads of will-targeting SoLs at every level, we'll need the ones we do have to carry the load for longer. And so we'll also need Versatile Spellcaster to lighten the load on higher level spell slots a bit. Happily, both are good feats anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OldTrees1 View Post
The undead are just the flashiest and most overt part of necromancy, DNs also have debuffing and immorality as their schtick. The only part of necromancy that is not the DN's core schtick is the reversal
(restoration & revive).

For example: Greater Bestow Curse(8th) & Astral Projection(9th) would be a good choices
Ok. I am not sure if immorality is well emulated by spells. I think it is more an alignment thing. If you meant immortality, that seems more like class feature :)

I'm going to look more heavily into the debuffing here. I am less certain about the two spells. Bestow Greater Curse is a will-targeting SoL, and Astral Projection, while strong, does not seem part of the Dread Necromancers thing.