Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
I deliberately kept my entry ambiguous over whether these legends were at all justified.
I went with that, I tried to make semi-contradictory legends to imply that they weren't. Or at least not all of them. I very much had "the tower always was and always will be" in my mind when I created the setting, but I didn't write it down and I understand why people would think otherwise.

(There's a curious thing it seems in many fantasy settings where people take for granted that any legend in a fantasy setting must be true. I'm not completely sure why.)
I think because the basic premise for a lot of fantasy settings is "what if our legends where true" which then gets applied to their legends as well.

... I was trying to hold out until page 2. Well.

To Lleban: How does the ring structure interact with the basic "people live on the sides of the tower" idea? Also why does the outside have less light? How is the central section the widest? Wouldn't it be by definition have the smallest diameter? ... Or have you not decided some of those details yet? I'm having some trouble visualizing how it all fits together but it sounds interesting so I would like to figure it out.