Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
Took a little longer than I thought, but I used the time to chuck in a number of other bug-fixes and minor UI additions. New public release is here, video diary here.

I'm going to try and revisit the 'detective work' mechanics again, see if I can't iron out some of those wrinkles. If anybody has suggestions for gadgets or perks they'd like to see in the meantime, this might be a good time.

In the longer term, I'm a little worried that the timescale for investment projects is likely to be too long relative to the spacing between crime events. Base facilities in X-Com typically complete in no more than a month, but factories and schools could take a year to construct. Maybe you'd enter a sort of 'time acceleration' mode once all the current gang-bosses are behind bars, allowing a couple of months to pass before another breakout/crimewave occurs? (Think what you could do with 18 months of clean streets.)

I actually need to implement a prison/trial/sentencing system for that, of course...
You don't need to build thigns from scratch in real life. Maybe it's repurpoesment. Like, there's this empty building in this dangerous neighborhood, and you can repurpose it as factory, or school, or research center, or what else.