Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
It's a Vyr's build, not using it would be rather silly

I get the revulsion though, it's just so bloody pedestrian at this point.
I have no problem with the popularity, it's just I spend time setting up my hotbar and getting the class to play the way I'd like, and then the archon button says "nope" like Tarquin's mask.

I agree that sets have hurt the game's diversity a bit. At the same time though, I think there is plenty of room for experimentation - e.g. the Vyr's build I pulled out of my posterior up there.
There's room for experimentation, I just find so much of it falls flat. I'm getting tired of making changes and hitting things for peanuts. There's a smallish number of optimal solutions and a massive number of suboptimals that lack enough separate multipliers just don't seem to cut it. I mean, I got my 5 pc Delsere setup together and was terribly disappointed by the results- I spaced that Manald wasn't going to get multiplied, so while the Tornados actually hit decently, (at least, sometimes) everything else hit like a fresh 70.

Right now my Blades build is doing a reasonable job thanks to everyone here, I still need to work out how to replace a few pieces and level a Gogok of Swiftness to replace Iceblink. (I have no better shoulder piece, for example, and that orb finds itself somewhat south of ideal.) I also need to practice getting out of Floor vomit, because I still struggle with that.

Kinda tempted to try setting up the steam controller to take advantage of that build, since it isn't exactly a "click on things" kind of build, and I already have the forced run analog stick worked out.

As for the rest - no, I have absolutely no desire to go back to runes and runewords. I could see set bonuses using some reform (maybe going to a 2/3/4 setup instead of 2/4/6, or making it so that every set has 7 pieces) - but beyond that, I think the current routes of farming, gambling and upgrading are sufficient, especially once the next patch adds multiple souls from ancient and primal items.
I dunno, I'd want Runes to be etched into gems via a tab at the Jeweler. Teach Shen the recipes as they drop from act bounty caches, Slap the right number of flawless royal gems in your Ancient Aquila Cuirass, etch each with the right rune, bam, the Ancient Aquila Cuirass is now your Tal Rasha chestpiece. Less RNG screw, no duping runes for hours to make one word, makes sets more available, and the increased combinations possible should encourage Blizzard to rein in the moonmath that results in half a trillion burst damage.

Doing a 2/3/4 setup would also be nice, too, but I just don't like how the logic behind sets is structured.

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't referring to a channeled build at all.
Yeah, I'd been trying to make both a Blades and a channel build work, but my primary focus was on channeling and... yeah... the numbers just aren't there no matter how you slice it. I don't know why Tal 6pc does so much more than Delsere's, I mean, I get Manald doesn't benefit from it, but... you'd think the numbers would be comparable, they just... aren't. The damage was so low I wondered if D3 planner was modeling Delsere's wrong until I actually tried it.

I'll have to look closer at the orb build and get a better understanding of how the damage stacking works.