Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
But still saying that you have to look at the class itself to place it and stop thinking about that class X overshadows it. Elsewise Cleric, Druid and so on wouldn't be at T1 since Wizards do it better, always. That said the Barbarian is, at least in my opinion and reading of the rules, in the center of T4 while the Bloodrager is most likely at the border to T3... that said a barbarian could survive only taking Power Attack and Guarded Life (? or how the not dieing feat is called) and invest his feats into other things that give him some much needed out of combat help. Although I don't really know the assumes Meta for Barbarians anymore... (last barbarian I built was around the release of Ultimate Combat).
Agreed with all of the above completely, but just to finish my thoughts:

I don't deny for a moment that Primalist is (very) good - which is why I said it can possibly be elevated a tier. But how good it is compared to the alternative does depend on variables, notably the bloodline chosen; Abyssal does indeed have some less useful bloodline powers that you won't miss much, and having the option to trade those for rage powers is great. But you can just as easily make the argument that you hobbled yourself out of the gate by picking a weak bloodline like Abyssal in the first place, rather than simply picking a good bloodline like Aberrant instead. Using that perspective, Primalist is merely correcting your suboptimal choice, rather than truly elevating your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
And unless you take an archetype that alters Bloodline your Bloodrager WILL be a Primalist.
Or unless you play PFS (where it is banned). And as noted above, there are indeed bloodlines where you can be quite comfortable not trading any of the powers out, or alternatively, doing so for their bloodline familiar rather than rage powers.