View Single Post

Thread: Mass Effect Andromeda: To Boldly Go

1. - Top - End - #602
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect Andromeda: To Boldly Go

I've already made my case on why having both itemization routes is good so I won't repeat it here. For DAI in particular though, crafted items blow the random drops away unless your schematics are very far behind. I haven't looted a staff in days that could beat the one I crafted back in Haven; in fact, the drops don't even come close, most of them are 50% less dps or more, and I am now 6 levels ahead of where I was. And I built that thing out of iron, cotton, ram skin and spit (common materials in other words.)

I expect Mass Effect to be the same for reasons I've already elaborated on, but I'll summarize again:

- Encourages exploration, which seems to be their big theme here
    - Helps normalize encounter design
    - Inquisition was both a critical and commercial darling so I expect they won't be rocking its boat without good reason.

What would be nice is if you could salvage drops for materials and thus benefit from the crafting system with less node hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    The bigger loss is because your party disappeared into Thin air every time you mounted the horse, you were that much more likely to miss banter. Hopefully with the rest of your team being in the Nomad with you, they'll be just as chatty whether your in or out of it.
    This is an important point too - banter goes a long way to making a long trek interesting, and ME has an advantage over DA there because its setting has vehicles. Especially if each planet has specific soundbites.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-03-07 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)