Quote Originally Posted by dtilque View Post
No it is not. Her first appearance is in this strip, second last panel. It's not a last panel joke. In fact, it's not a joke at all; it's an expanatory panel, just like the one immediately above it.

I should note that not all last panels have last-panel jokes. First of all, there has to be a joke in it, and some don't have any. Secondly, even when there is a joke, it may not be what should be condsidered a last-panel joke. There's usually some kind of fourth-wall breaking in them, and not all jokes in last panels do that. Kish above gave a more explicit name for them: "fourth-wall-breaking last-panel punchline". Unfortunately, that's too much of a mouthful for everyday conversation.

Here's some examples of last-panel jokes:

• 918 anyone think Director Lee's inbox will to be an important plot element in the future?
  • 206 and 389 think any of the stuff Elan and Thog have in those panels will ever show up again?
  • 748 Belkar's been knocked back to Basic D&D, yet strangely enough, it doesn't seem to be permanent, or even ever mentioned again.
Hmm interesting. Where I misunderstood actually was remembering that comic completely wrong. I thought that her argument with Thor about the dwarf who died from a splintery-disease was the first one she appeared in, and was in itself a joke. I forgot entirely about how her first comic in question went. So thank you. The rest I understand clearly enough.