Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
The problem is not Reinhardt's animations, it's the irreconcilable race condition between the client and the server. Here's a video that covers the problems they're contending with. Until there's a network protocol which transmits data instantly via quantum entanglement, or some other faster-than-light phenomenon, there's always going to be latency which will prevent 100% accurate physics calcuations in network games.
I'm familiar with the latency issue. I once saved a video of shots curving around a corner to hit me for several seconds after I had broken line of sight, because at the time I didn't understand what was going on. This... doesn't seem like the issue with Reinhardt. It seems more comparable with how Hanzo can headshot a stationary target by firing over their shoulder.

Also, it's worth noting that Overwatch seems to have far more and far worse issues with latency than any other game I've played online, including games from 7 or 8 years ago on slower internet. I don't know why, but Overwatch seems to be far worse about this even than games like the original Left 4 Dead, or Red Dead Redemption. Then again, that was on the Xbox 360 and I'm on PS4 now, so maybe it's just that Xbox was better about this than Sony.

Her categorization is irrelevant. It's a label, nothing more. I agree the label is wrong, but that couldn't have less effect on her use or win rates. Making her a defense hero will not make her auto-hit 120 DPS leash any less effective.
No, but it changes the expectations that the player base has for a character. Defense heroes are, for the most part at least, DPS characters. Nobody argues that Widowmaker shouldn't be able to kill most non-tanks with a headshot. Nobody argues that Junkrat shouldn't do big damage with his grenade spam. If Symmetra were officially classified as a defense hero, it wouldn't change a thing about how she plays, but it would be a clear statement that zone control and killing is what she does. Whereas now, she's defined as "support" presumably because of her ultimates. Her mobile shield is more tank-like than support, so all she really has is teleportation and a shield generator. Not very support-like at all IMO.

She would still be a pain in the ass because of her lock-on weapon damage scaling, yes.