Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
Hence why an anonymous way of putting the information forward without anyone being able to connect it with one's self is generally best, especially if there's something damning like a dating site profile that lists her as single or in an open relationship falsely that one can present and allow Broseph to draw his own conclusions.
I still don't think I would. I don't know the guy. I don't know if they have a Don't Ask Don't Tell policy. I don't know if the information might cause him to become violent (I tend to believe that even adulterers don't deserve that). I don't know if he already suspects but would really prefer to keep up the plausible deniability. I don't know if they are stupidly happy together and he would resent having that shattered. I don't know if she is a good liar who will blame the "obvious lie" on an angry ex. I don't know the guy.

My grandparents slept around like really dysfunctional bunnies, and every reveal just led to a huge fight that scared their kids, followed by a return to status quo until the next big fight. I find it hard to argue that either reveal did any good for anyone.

I mean, I get the argument. I'm reasonably sure I'd want to know (but then, I haven't to my knowledge been cheated on, so what do I know). I understand the impulse. And maybe the odds of a good outcome are high enough that it's worth the risk.

But without knowing the guy, I'm really not sure I'd do it.