Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
I have never complained that the fights are choreographed. All fights are choreographed, yes. You're not surprising me here. I complained that the fights look choreographed. They look fake. They look like people putting on a show. They look like people trying to avoid hitting each other.

If you're going to tell me what my complaint basically is, then at least try to understand the complaint first.
I do understand you're argument, thanks for the condescension though, I just think it's wrong. It all looks choreographed because it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Norrefve View Post
While I agree that not every movie should make you happy (some should make you reflect soberly, or any number of non-happy things), there is a difference between watching a movie that doesn't make you happy, and sitting through a tortuously bad movie.
Oh sure, wasn't really my point though. There's enjoyment in being miserable. Was all I was really saying.

But now I'm curious, how many of you saying "skip the prequels" have seen the animated Clone Wars series? While some of it is undoubtedly cringe-worthy, there are other moments that make you really feel for the characters and make the whole thing worth watching. And you wouldn't get the same reaction had you simply skipped the prequels.
Which one? The one done by the guy who did Samurai Jack is amazing and everyone should watch it. The fact that they dropped it and ignored it for canon is a real shame.

Also, since the thread is heading that direction anyway, what are your thoughts on RO and Episode VII? Personally, I loved how well RO flows into Episode IV, I like the characters (mostly) and the visuals, but most of the story was too garbled to follow properly.
Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie to date, including the original imho.

I think I like Episode VII better than most people seem to. Everyone complains about Kylo, but I think he is a believable character whose story has only just begun.

I'm really excited to see what happens in Episode VIII.
Episode 7 had the problem of all the previous generations of Star Wars fans to complain about it. People who were new to the series seem to overwhelmingly like it. Not that that means the movie is good mind, but it's not like it's hated.