Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
New chapter of Vigilantes! Apparently My Hero is going on a break, at least in the American Shonen Jump!
Spoiler
Show

We open with...a very weird reference to the Kamatachi yokai, and the reveal that while he's a fairly vanilla guy, Gentle-Man doesn't kink shame. Good for him. He tried to solve this problem without violence.

Knucklerduster disagrees with this idea and punches them to bits and pieces.

After that bit we get some more advancement of the plot, with Honey-chan giving out more Black to another villain, a big tough boy that Knuckleduster dusts up with his fists, and apparently that's what was bugging him. He wants to fight huge men. MANY STRONG MEN AWAIT HIM. I think it'll be more than that though.

We end the chapter with the reveal that, at least in some degree,e Honey's a trap, in that she dates older men for money and then likely gives them the black. Fascinating. Vigilantes is shaping up to be pretty interesting, I think.
Spoiler: dafuq? (excuse my French)
Show

So, I'm fine with gentle-man being nice to the perverts (who are a pretty weird idea for enemies) because... well, having a kink is fine. Molesting women over it is not. Or stealing. Also, no surprise Koichi got beat up, it was obvious people would assume he was with them...
So, minor complaint... that panel where Knuckle shows up... the fact that you can see him punching the guy mid sentence before you even start reading... it seriously irritates me. In a show obviously it would work, but here you instantly know he's not going to be able to finish and somehow that ruins the moment. For me, anyway. But yes, violence to solve problems!
But he's only using as much violence as he has to. That's... nice, I guess?

The fight with the baddie of the week was decent, as always though while I can follow the logic of him being strong but slow I guess Knuckle is pretty sure of himself if he risks taking one of these punches... then again, it's all but made clear he's a hero more to beat up guys than to stop crime.

My big weird thing... I think I have to disagree with Zodi here? Though, I guess both things are possibly, but I read it not so much as a honey-trap but as her being... well, I'll say prostitute for lack of a better word. As in, he knows what he's getting into. At least mostly. (Well, apart from whatever trigger-related she might plan to do with him) Like... our villain is a highschooler and a prostitute! What the hell, vigilantes? This seems a bit too mature for... I don't know. I can't put my finger on it but it just seems too mature to me, even if the stories also deal with death and perverts.