Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
Maybe you didn't intend to make the tier three bard vote. I took it as implied, because I tend to, as a general rule, take absolute statements of a tiering as a vote. I think that's how people intend them, and I like to count things that are intended as votes.
A brief statement on not voting in tier threads: I am sure this is the reason I don't vote, and I suspect it is the reason Cosi I doesn't vote. Voting in tier threads is meaningless. In a Jaronk or jormuneg (phone can't go find spelling) thread the entire definition of the tiers is meaningless gobblygook designed to prevent real analysis. In eggy's tier definitions tiers are rated based on "situations" that someone can handle. I think those situations are better called encounters, and that further, we should acknowledge that contributing to nonlevelappropriate encounters above the rate of a character of that level is worth approximately nothing. Presumably failing against lower level challenges is bad.

So from that, it follows that what we are really measuring is contribution to level appropriate encounters. Now what people vote based on their own ignorance without having a method of testing their assumptions is then merely an incorrect estimate. Better then to present an actual argument about level appropriate results based on actual effects than to just have another evidenceless assertion based on the fact that they heard it once, like ryu's complete inability to back up his claim and challenge.

The new consensus is just going to be a new thing people believe without evidence because they heard it once, but be unable to back up when it comes down to it.