Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
And yet, when I openly admitted I was downshifting from my normal position in voting wizard at tier 2, it was counted. See what we have here is me voting based on a lower op than I would actually desire to play, (Ryu) voting based on a higher op that nobody actually thinks is normal, and Beheld casting a vote which is. . . ? There is no defined game state for these tiers, and a game state can be set in which bard is tier 4 and rogue is tier 3. Is it a "normal" game? Because your game state isn't normal, my game state isn't even normal by my own standards, why should Beheld be penalized for casting a vote that doesn't match his own views?

Because (Ryu) and eggy argued with him a bunch and his first official voting interaction was in that context.

Which is why I say to eggy, that labeling these as spite votes and then deliberately discarding them is bs. The moment you consider them potential votes you give up the authority to ignore them, period. If you wanted to ignore Beheld for not being a regular voter or casting a vote out of context, you shouldn't have considered it in the first place. Allowing some posters to push agendas that clearly don't match your own and then refusing another just because they didn't submit it properly is bogus. Because make no mistake, there are plenty of votes being cast in these threads that ignore the principles in the mission statement.

Edit: so the only qualification for voting is "convince eggy you're voting for what you believe in." Because to be clear on that last claim, we have people voting in all sorts of ways based on ACFs and dips and wildly divergent op levels and level ranges that I don't think can really be called moderate. That's been obvious from the get go, and they've all been counted, and it's been fairly obvious that's your metric even though it wasn't quite outright stated, but "vote for what you believe in" does not move towards the goal of accurate tiers. It moves towards the popularity contest where a bunch of inaccurate but popular claims are still accepted.
It doesn't matter what's viewed as normal. Only, and I do mean ONLY, that your opinion actually matches your vote that matters. Well... at least not explicitly contradicting each other. Further, no, the entirety of my votes, including tier 3 across the board for everything in this thread's roster except for savant which I've never seen used, are based entirely on how the game is actually played at my table with the given limitations against multiclassing and PRCs eggy has adopted. I'm willing to use the age old debate tactic of getting the person on the other side to say something untenable to lower their aggregate credibility. I'm not willing to flout the rules of the actual thread.