Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
At last count, they said they are experimenting with a different system; if they decide that works better in an actual dungeon environment test, they'll use it, of not they'll stick with the health/endurance. (I hope for the latter, an injuries based-system sounds like all it would end up doing is encouraging me to rest more.)
Depends how many ways there are to counter injuries.

PoE had like one skill that restored health and it was a tiny amount compared to total health and you would never take that skill, (maybe they even patched it out, I don't recall it from later play sessions). Injuries are a binary thing and you'll likely have fewer of them, so a skill that cleared an injury would be more perceptibly valuable. (and obvs. in the original you lost health no matter how much endurance you lost, whereas an injury system only applies injuries if you get to low health/knocked out, which also makes healing in combat more useful, because in PoE you'd still lost the health after you healed, just regained the endurance, so you can do more between rests the more successful/powerful relative to the opposition you are).

They are trying to avoid the fifteen minute adventuring day, so I doubt the system will push everyone into resting more.