Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
It is a valid point that Pillars mechanics could stand to be better explained in general, I'll grant you; a point that has been raised in their forums in some of the more constructive threads - especially as they are sometimes inconsistent.

Heck, their damage over time is pretty poorly noted; as I said myself, don't tell me "does x damage over y seconds," tell me "does x damage per [second] for y [seconds]", perhaps a "z damage total", where [seconds] is seconds or ticks or whatever. The information is presented much more clearly and is more helpful to tell at a glance.
I can definitely agree about more transparency. Pillars is still better about it than many other RPGs, I think. On the other hand, its mechanics are sufficiently finicky and detailed that it's often not enough.

I think I'll try to finish White March on my current playthrough, because I believe one of the NPCs you meet there shows up in the sequel - the Amaua barbarian, specifically. I'll wait until right before the endgame to do it, and maybe I'll power through those challenges. Not sure about the playthrough that I've already finished. It depends on how much it matters if you import a save, really.