Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuneymg View Post
I think VMC can have a effect on tiering in some cases, and that fighters lose less (benefit more) from VMC than any other class. What is 5 feats to a fighter? A Lore Warden, Martial Master VMC Bard, for instance, won't really miss those feats, but will love having Bardic Knowledge (more skills!), Inspire Courage (team buff!), and a free retrain of a skill into versatile performance (even more skills). Lore Master is okay (much better in 3.p game with Knowledge Devotion on the table), and no one cares about 19th level stuff since no one plays there.

Anyway, the LW/MM vmc Bard is a contender for t3, IMO. Especially since they are still fighters and can thus take the access feats for advanced weapon and/or armor training if desired or use martial flexibility to grab important ones on the fly (which can grant a number of different skills too). I'm not sure if any other build quite manages T3, but that one squeaks in due to extreme flexibility in and out of combat.

I agree that most other VMCs aren't worth mentioning. Certainly nothing for barbarian, bloodrager, cavalier, or samurai springs to mind.
So basically it's worthless unless going on a class that swims in feats, and is most likely the reason behind the feat bloat, and even then only for 2 or 3 options of this system?

While VMC might be implemented at a specific table it is unfeasible in a discussion about the tiering of the class itself. Because with VMC the Fighter is no longer a Fighter he would be a Fighter VMC Bard.