View Single Post

Thread: Novices of the White Tower IC - Part 1

1. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Novices of the White Tower IC - Part 1

Cirelyn bites her lip. "Lilleah's about five hundred feet away, almost directly southwest." She points in the direction she senses the tugging. "She feels nervous, but not anything worse, not yet... Taryn, do you want to start heading that way? Ella, Nesta, maybe one of you should go with him?" She fumbles in her belt pouch, pulls out a small coin and hands it to Taryn. "I can catch up - I'll be able to find you, with this."

"As for you..." She turns to the man on the floor, and forces her voice to remain calm, almost sympathetic. "What happened? Well, you can probably tell us better than the reverse. You were standing lookout for those men, right? Did they not tell you in advance what they were going to do? If they were going to steal from an Aes Sedai, and didn't warn you what you were getting into..." She shakes her head, sadly.

And she weaves, fast and deft, looping coils of Air and Spirit shot through with fragile strands of Fire. Fire has always come less naturally to her than the other elements, but this weave can't be done without it; it needs that hint of warmth. Listen to me. Heed me, forget about them. I'm trying to help you.

The Power streams into her like a rising wave, and she lets it come, cresting the wave rather than trying to fight it. It's a little frightening, as it always is when the seas are high, but the exhilaration of it is worth the fear. And this is still, potentially, a life-or-death situation; she can't hold back.

Spoiler
    Show
    All right, let's give this a try.

Cirelyn is attempting to overchannel to weave Persuasion as a L2 weave (per our discussion in OOC, I'm going to have her try to overchannel a fair bit). This requires a DC 20 Concentration check, which I will roll below (assuming I can't take 10).

If it works, L2 Persuasion can be negated with a DC 15 Will save. If the Will save fails, the weave will improve Sem/Sam's attitude by one band, and then Cirelyn will probably be attempting Diplomacy, to get him to tell us anything he knows about his erstwhile friends and where they might be going. Her approach is basically going to be to suggest that he needs to save his own skin now, since they ran off without him and clearly don't care about his welfare. If Persuasion works, her Diplomacy bonus will be +11; she'll probably just take 10 for a result of 21 (assists would be welcome!)

Concentration: (1d20+17)[29]
    Last edited by Ifni; 2017-03-19 at 03:15 PM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.