View Single Post

Thread: Novices of the White Tower IC - Part 1

1. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Novices of the White Tower IC - Part 1

Lilleah and Nicaene

Nicaene lashes out in anger and deals the club-wielding woman a deep blow, forcing her back. Perhaps it was sudden clash, or the woman's own deft movements, but as Lilleah tries to disarm the woman with her same weave of Air, she snatches her club back and out of the enfolding net. The remaining rogue also joins in, trying to skewer the trainee. Seeing his blow strike home, the woman cracks her club down.

Spoiler
    Show
    W1: (1d20+7)[21] (1d6+4)[10]

Lilleah finds that even though her weave didn't disarm the woman, she has left herself open to multiple strikes from the knife wielding woman in front of her.

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO vs Lilleah from W2: (1d20+4)[10] (1d4)[1]

Attacks vs Lilleah: (1d20+2)[12] (1d4)[2]
    (1d20+2)[12] (1d4)[2]

Taryn and Nesta

The pair barrel out of the door in pursuit, and luckily Nesta knows the streets of Tar Valon as well as a native. Perhaps wanting to spend as little time as possible with the Aes Sedai had come in handy, for Nesta was able to guide the trainee into a side street that ran parallel to the main thoroughfare. Soon they heard the sounds of fighting and rushed towards it.

Turning into the street they found themselves at a junction where both Nicaene and Lilleah were embattled! They saw Nicaene fall, grievously wounded, but Lilleah seemed to be holding her own. Someone needed to get to Nicaene now, before it was too late!

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone else has acted, so you will both go before the remaining enemies act.

Map

Cirelyn and Ella

Cirelyn's weave was already one of the more complex ones she knew, but this time she pushed herself harder than she ever had to use this weave. The sweetness of Saidar burned just briefly and the threads of Air, Fire and Spirit glowed just a bit brighter before fanning into the man, without him even seeming to notice.

The lookout, who identifies himself as Sam, seems to relax and nod along at the two novices' words. "Mac, just saw an opportunity you know. He said he'd heard there was a merchants carriage waiting with no one to collect it. He thought we could grab a few things, make off without being caught you know? I was just there to tip them off."

There's a pause as he squirms, then shakes his head: "Alright, so we knew it was an Aes Sedai alright. Look, she wouldn't even have noticed what we'd taken. That's why I panicked when I saw you. But Mac, he did say no one would be coming back. And I just wanted to get out of here!"

"Look, if they are anywhere, they'll be near the factories. The old ones, south of here. Lots of them aren't used now you know. That's where they'll go. It's southwest of here."
    Last edited by dmarks; 2017-03-20 at 06:57 PM.