Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
Spoiler: Ending Twist
Show
I greatly enjoyed it, myself. It put a unique spin on the typical fantasy pantheon. If the gods feel artificial and arbitrary, well, that's because they are. I can see the argument for wishing you could agree with Thaos a bit more, though. Not that I'd ever do it.
Spoiler: Ending
Show
The problem is that it breaks gameplay style with the rest of the game. Instead of keeping things ambiguous and letting you choose a side, you're essentially forced into a particular course of action. Not to mention that in another story the gods might feel artificial, but in this one they actually did a great job fleshing the different gods out with the previous group of quests, which might have been the best written part of the game. I had gotten massively pumped up to kill Thaos but instead my anger got redirected to that bloody elf girl.

The most annoying thing about it is that you're never given the option to doubt her. You (and the rest of your party!) have to take her word on faith rather than the evidence she talks about.