Quote Originally Posted by aimlessPolymath View Post
For Insectoid:
The Carapace ability might make more sense on the base class- I can think of justifications for virtually any type of Mutant having it or some similar defensive bonus (a Dodge bonus would make more sense for a fly- maybe let them choose the type? Undead, constructs, dragons, giants, and plants could all have natural armor- put it in the base class).

Insect traits you could nab could include all-around vision, some kind of fly-like reflexes (Improved Initiative?), associated natural attacks (including poison?), and hivemind abilities (No member of the hivemind is surprised unless all are, ditto for flanking).

Also: Loved your work on the Marine and the Risen.
Man those take me back. So long ago.

Well, I just did a massive overhaul of the Mutant base chassis, making Suppress Deformity 4th level, adding in an ability that basically weaponizes your ugliness by unsettling opponents involving shaken and fright just for being close to you.

I tossed out bonus feats and decided instead that each Strain would have a larger and more potent combo of abilities. Also removing the "arcana"like Core Sequence thing.

Gonna go do the Insectoid revamp soon.
Decided on keeping Carapace. Gonna nerf it some in the process though.

Like your ideas though. Adding them to the insect package when I have the time.

I will have a generic "hardened body" mutation anyone can take. Not as effective there.