Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
Spoiler
Show
Then, um, silly question - how do we either prevent the RA from finding him or him from finding the RA (I mean, they're pretty obvious to anyone who can sense power levels)?
Spoiler
Show

His presence on Earth is going to be obvious, of this I have no doubt. His power-level radiates like a supernova, and i'm sure the RA's friends on Earth, including Masala herself, whom Hailing has no way of knowing is affiliated with the RA, are going to reveal this. Hailing is intending to meet the RA when they return to Earth, assuming they don't just hang out in space for a little longer and train, while he and his goons searches for what will end up being the Dragonballs.

Put simply, i'm intending for Hailing's presence to be obvious, while the RA can more easily hide while Earth is being occupied.

As for my villains, i've always been enamored with the kinds of villians that act reasonably and rationally in the context of their personality and motivations. The ones that are defeated by cleverness on the part of the protagonist, like what you would find in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Whether it be a personality flaw, the exploitation of a hidden-but-obvious-in-retrospect physical flaw, or using the environment in clever ways, I want my villains to be outsmarted, and have designed them accordingly. Yes Apfel was originally designed to (at least initially) be antagonistic. He's not only extremely strong, but an expert martial artist and fencer who also has spidey-senses. In one-on-one, he can easily match opponents stronger than he is, but he struggles when he's outnumbered.