1. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: 101 Atypical Paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonexx View Post
    28:
    I post this again.
    *snrk* -That- was amazing.

39. The Twist

He was old, uncouth. His hair, an unwashed mess. His face, an untrimmed tangle. His breath, well, it smelled of onions more than vaguely. There was no denying his skill with a blade. His teamwork though... He was the type of madman who would rush forward, no matter the odds. When discretion was called for, it only brought biting mockery. Gods, did he have a sharp tongue. "Coward", "Weak Willed", "Pansy", "Elf-like", always a name to call us. Cruel words, whenever our bravery wasn't up to his expectations. Violence was all he seemed to know; when a companion fell, he would hover over the poor soul, and with one mighty blow to the face, demand they rise and fight once more. Slaps and more mockery for any too injured to carry on the battle.
    It wasn't until we came across a village, their youngest daughters all taken by evil men, that we discovered the truth in front of us all along. By the time we were ready to set off after the villains, his hair was washed and combed back, his face was clean shaven. He had never called upon his God before that day. Never proselytized for his faith. He never had to, to be the Paladin we needed. Every insult, merely the aura of his courage washing down on us. Every slap, a healing hand.
    I never counted myself much a believer, til that moment. But now, I understand, that Gods act in mysterious ways.

Completely and shamelessly stolen from an old, semi-famous tumblr account.
    Last edited by Dappershire; 2017-03-25 at 03:01 AM.