Quote Originally Posted by Rigeld2 View Post
Large parties are fun sometimes. We did a 10 round combat in ~2 hours with 12 players (plus cohorts) versus ~30 demons of varying types.
Yeah, I do things like that to them all the time and they work so well together that it's almost sickening. They have a LOT of fun with each other and don't mind the long combat, so I keep challenging them in ways that I think are creative and they keep rising to the task.

Lankybugger-Thanks for your insight. The new guy isn't as....well....new in the sense of "What's this Button Do?," but more along the lines of he's not quite familiar with all of the mechanics quite yet and he's playing a Druid with a War Ape companion, and he's having some slight difficulty keeping two characters at once, and I can't autopilot the Ape because I usually have 7-35 NPC's to manage at once.

I've been looking at some bigger creatures that would be challenging in numbers, such as a squad of Briarvexes from MMIV and the like, but I'm a stickler for my dungeons not being just a mechanic and having a part or a reason behind them; as such, I often make my own constructs to fit something better, or give things classes; like giving Nimblewrights class levels in Barbarian or Rogue for flavor.