The children continue to try and stream out of the warehouse, seemingly oblivious to Gavin's pleas. It's only when Fadin comes into the main room that they stop trying to flee in a panic. "Guys, guys! Hold up. We gotta stick together!" The boy couldn't be more than eleven, but he was doing his best, and the younger children seemed to start to calm down.

The leader of the children steps in front of Vestis, putting both hands on the shoulders of the young boy she had been speaking with. He glares at her. Even he couldn't be older than, what, fifteen? But the hardness in his eyes would rival the most jaded of thieves and the cruelest of Chelish nobility. Vestis notices the boy is clearly positioning himself to be in her way, doing his best to keep her from moving forward to join the others. After a beat, he holds out one hand. "Swear it. Swear you'll help us when you're done here. You're a Chel, right? You all worship devils, or whatever. Swear on the thing you follow that you'll help us be safe. And I'll swear I'll do everything I can to help you get Acele back."

Meanwhile, Ardino moves onto the deck of the ship, and Mordin, Avrin, Carla, and Dirkust move into the hold of the vessel. It is dark here, the dim light from the docks barely illuminating the area right in front of the stairs. The group could just barely make out a few boxes and crates, mostly smashed and broken. Far more noticeable are the thick strands of glistening webbing scattered throughout the hold. Even in the dim light, the webs shine with an impossible iridescent light, all the colors of the rainbow. All four hear skittering, the sound of hard claws on wood. Spiders, most likely, but out of sight, out of reach.

And, notably, no obvious way out of the hold, and onto the walkway. Nor sign of Giggles.

Round Nine
Fight?