Full disclosure: I'm not particularly clever. Sometimes I need things meticulously spelled out to me.

In a now defunct campaign, one of our allies (a tiefling warlock) used Minor Illusion to make an image of the wall behind him in front of him to create an "invisibility" effect. At the time I was like "how would that work?" but the DM ok'ed it and it didn't matter much to me, he's an ally lol.

But now there's a thread about it, and I saw it come up in the cantrip god thread.

So here's the hangup that I'm not convinced I'm understanding properly.

Won't you have to pick a point of perspective to make this trick work? Like, if you are in a room and make the image of the wall behind you, *which* "image" of the wall are you making? Standing directly in front of it? Standing off to the side as you enter the room? Standing at the height of a kobold? A gnoll? A minotaur? Approaching from the left or the right?

How do you determine what the image is supposed to look like to the person that will be looking at you? The image won't move as they approach, or turn their head, or whatever, so the perspective will be off.

Are we assuming that someone walks within line of sight, but doesn't look at you directly until they are perfectly in front of you for the image to line up properly with the rest of the wall from their perspective? Then they blink slowly and turn away while their eyes are closed? What am I missing?