The girl nods and wanders off.

Rachel continues on her way to the Construct Dorm, where she finds her room and settles in for the night.

In the morning, Rachel heads to her first class of the day, which is History of Magical Monarchies.

She arrives in the classroom first and sits down, opening her book up to the correct page. Rachel rather enjoys esoteric classes like these, and she always does well when people ask all sorts of trivia questions or obscure facts from long ago.

The teacher, Mr. Ferrerus, walks in and sets his books down.

Spoiler
Show

"Welcome class. My name is Azure Ferrerus, and I'm the history expert here at Naturia Circle. Now, who can tell me what about a monarchy makes it 'magical'? We have had several kingdoms, queendoms, duchies and the like in our world, and nearly all of them employed court mages. Why then, do we distinguish some of them as magical and some not?...Rachel."

Spoiler: Knowledge (History)
Show

Spoiler: Less than 10
Show
She has no idea!

Spoiler: 10-14
Show
A magical monarchy is a term historians use to distinguish a period of time where the monarch themselves had impressive magical power.

Spoiler: 15-19
Show
A magical monarchy is a term historians use to distinguish a period of time where the monarch themselves had impressive magical power. Altogether, there have been about ten important magical monarchies in the course of history.

Spoiler: 20+
Show
A magical monarchy is a term historians use to distinguish a period of time where the monarch themselves had impressive magical power. Altogether, there have been about ten important magical monarchies in the course of history. Rachel has already read ahead in this book, and therefore knows the three specific monarchies that Mr. Ferrerus plans to cover this term: the Wahashi, the Funlich, and the Zair.