View Single Post

Thread: Overwatch: Boop!

1. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Overwatch: Boop!

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    So trying out my worst hero, reaper... Am I doing it right if I'm playing him a little like the Spy from tf2? Sans disguise, of course, using my teleport to sneak past enemies/harass snipers, and my ghost mode to evade death, and ambushing foes from behind/above with my attacks.
    Sort of. Reaper's much less reliant on catching people totally unaware than the spy is. For example, if one of your tanks is making an opening, Reaper's fine with being on the front line with them, much more so than other flankers, in my opinion, since his damage is much higher than theirs (making him much more of a legitimate threat to tanks). Once he gets to that 'knife fight' sort of range, he doesn't much care how he got there or (to a lesser extent) who he's there with.

The nature of his escape also wants him a little closer to the front lines since, if things go south, he has to be able to make it to a place whoever's threatening to kill him can't follow (ie: the rest of his team) otherwise they'll just walk alongside him and kill him after.
    Last edited by The Hellbug; 2017-04-06 at 09:03 AM.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.