View Single Post

Thread: An Enemy Spy Plays F.A.T.A.L!

1. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: An Enemy Spy Plays F.A.T.A.L!

Quote Originally Posted by An Enemy Spy View Post
    *boring stuff*
    Because, like in any good game, and like age, we can't determine any of this stuff ourselves.

Did I ever tell anybody about that game where I was planning to play a Warrior Priest of Sigmar but rolled a 12 for my age and a 12/3 for my birthday, and so had to play a skirmisher acolyte of Sigmar? Because if I have then I've forgotten at least one game.

Next we do Social Class, and oh dear, Byron Hall displays that despite his supposed devotion to historical accuracy, he knows very little about history.

"A serf is a free character. In human societies, very few serfs live in hamlets or villages, most live in towns or cities. A serf may be considered middle class."

Wrong wrong wrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongWRONG!!!!! Serfs are low class laborers that live on a feudal lord's lands and owe fealty and a share of their crops to him. This is basic knowledge, Byron! Maybe if you spent less time calculating how to accidentally rape someone during a grapple and more time studying history, your game wouldn't be a festering pile of crap!
    ...I will now admit that I only know that because I've read reviews of FATAL.

Not revealing the white text.
    Remember, depending on what Kiki's profession is this might be vitally important information. Especially as you rolled Slave.

What follows is a long, long, long section on societies, buildings, laws, and cultures. Basically, where to find whores and what punishment rape victims get.

"In an average community, an average of 20 rapes occur annually. in 80% of cases, rapes are committed by between 2-15 characters. They force the female's door open at night, do not disguise themselves, and either rape the woman in her home and in in the presence of terrified witnesses, or drag her through the streets into 1 of their houses, where they have their pleasure all night long. In 80% of cases, the Neighbors do not intervene. Almost all rapes include extreme brutality, though they never attempt to wound or kill her. The rapists come from all levels of society, but the majority are artisans and laborers. Less than 10% of rapes occur by ruffians. In 50% of rapes, human rapists are between 18-24 years old. The group is comprised, on average, of 6 characters. Only 20% of rapes are committed by a group of more than 9 characters. Half the male youth population participate in at least one gang rape. Sexual violence is an everyday dimension of community life. There tends to be less in smaller communities such as hamlets and more in larger communities such as cities.
    If identified, rapists are imprisoned for weeks, though no more than a month. If the victim withdraws the complaint, the rapist is freed immediately. Imprisonment for rape consists of flogging, unless the rapist is an outsider, in which case the rapist is banished. When freed from imprisonment, the rapist is not considered criminal or bad.
    The social reaction to rape is seldom favorable to the victim. The human victims of gang rape are age 15-33. Child rape is rare.The rape of a child under the age of 14 or 15 is considered a serious crime, even though the female could marry at age 12. The victim loses her good name in almost all cases, and encounters difficulty in regaining her place in society and family.If the victim of rape is single, than fewer males desire her as a wife. If she is married, then her husband may abandon her.
    Priests comprise 20% of the clientele at private brothels and public baths. Some priests are even members of nightly gang rapes. The victim of gang rape almost never accuses them of committing sodomy."

That passage is so singularly horrific that I don't think I even need to expound on why it's both morally indefensible and doesn't make logical sense. I get the feeling that this is Byron Hall's ideal world. Next post is occupation.

*citation needed
    I'm not sure if my response is vomiting, 'TMI!', crawling back to my Kindle or print 200 copies of that passage to burn it.

Although I suppose that would insult the paper needed to start the fire.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2017-04-06 at 04:11 PM.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.