Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
Your fifth paragraph (which I agree with) contradicts the rest of your post (which I, correspondingly, don't). The only way to win the game is not to play. As long as she implicitly or explicitly accepts that the sexist elders have the right to decide her social status, she'll get less than she's earned by any objective measurement. "Wow, I guess if she can do that much more than a man could, women really are the equal of men" doesn't actually happen. At absolute best, her success would "prove" that she's an anomaly and maybe deserves a little more than the other women in her tribe, who are only women.
I do believe in isolated (or maybe not so isolated) fields/areas, movement towards the bolded comment does happen. Science, medicine, some sport/athletics, some buisness-related professions. Even many activities of daily life. It's a far cry from universal or from absolute equality, but huge strides have been made by the exceptional. Normal caveats about faint praise, low bar or long ways to go apply.

- M