1. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Read and also Play Baldur's Gate: Bhaal must be stopped!

I am confused. Even a novice writer would have caught such glaring plotholes and missed tones. Heck, English is my second language and by my average grades in writing and literature - albeit in my mother language but skills like that transfer partially - and I could've caught that. But hey, it's his first novel (I think?).

So here's how I would've covered the plot hole up.

1) Abdel has a strong belief in fate which makes him bury Gorion rather than bringing him back to revive him. (I mean, which poor excuse for an adventurer doesn't bring a shovel).

2) Abdel is travelling for a few weeks. Jaheira enforces his belief that the circle of life should not be disrupted. Gorion shall remain dead. Meanwhile, some minor informant for the Harpers gives Abdel reason to believe Gorion knows more about the Iron Crisis, maybe even in Beregost.

3) Abdel rushes back to Gorion's grave site, only to run into an ambush set up by Sarevok and dies. Novel ends. Yay Iron Throne.

4) ... Well, okay, he escapes barely with his life. After being rescued by Jaheira (cue the Slow Poison spell!) and Khalid, Abdel learns he can't go back trying to undo past mistakes. And neither can he solve any problem with violence.

Stuff like that makes me wonder if I could be an author as well...
    Last edited by Spore; 2017-04-09 at 08:43 AM.