Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
I hate it when I'm jealous over homework. My SO has a crap ton of it sometimes (why engineering why) and I find it extremely frustrating at times not being able to talk during the weekend when we usually get to hang out the most. I don't know how to express myself on this without sounding like I blame him for prioritising university before me - because I'm not. I want him to succeed. The weekend just feels like an utter poo every time he has to focus on his work for hours.
If he's that busy, help him out by preparing a meal. It saves him time and stops him from ordering or grabbing crappy food to save time. It forces him to take a break to spend time with you and eat. Just don't be too particular about when you eat. Sometimes you can stop in the middle of engineering work to take a break without issues, and sometimes it's like stopping in the middle of juggling ten plates and it's better to just finish the problem. Don't be miffed if the food gets a bit cold while he gets to a good stopping point.