Quote Originally Posted by overlordseamus View Post
Your DM is a lucky man.
I know, i remind him constantly of this.

- The battle with Ara Mathra is my favourite so far. The descriptions, the attacks, the pauses for healing. Very well written.
- “Kneeling by the ancient basin that once housed the undying flame, Willow sat with closed eyes, deep in prayer. She did not relish the slaughter of thousands, she did not feel pride with her hands doused in their blood.” – This is what I was talking about. The difference between Lawful Evil and Chaotic. She has done what she must, but she sees the destruction of thousands for what it is – a massacre. Again, very well written.
- The description of the horde is far better in Daveryn. Though the writing is better, it also shows the development of the bugbears as they have grown in experience. Excellent writing.
Thank you!

- Either you are naturally suspicious, or you have a good sense for treachery. Trickling in thoughts of Thorn and his plans. Maybe it is that cryptic mind of yours, but you seem books ahead of yourself. How early did you figure out who Thorn was?
Very suspicious. I am unfortunately a very paranoid person. Though it helps me in this game lol.
The first mention of Samuel Havelyn in Balentyne was enough to set me spinning lol. Thorn and Havelyn being the same person was actually one of my first theories (to my DM's amusement) among about a thousand others. But it was Brother Thrain's comment "i served with the cardinal' that confirmed my suspicions. I'm that ar**hole that ruins every movie by figuring out the plot a few minutes in.

- Are the shrouds of the daywalkers part of the campaign? I can’t seem to remember. They would have made the choice to become a vampire much simpler. How do they work in your game?
I believe it is part of the campaign, but my DM changed it slightly. The original item is as follows:
Shroud of the Daywalker
Aura moderate necromancy; CL 9th
Price 18,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.

DESCRIPTION
This funeral shroud at first glance appears to be made of the finest
silk no doubt in some dark color such as black, burgundy
or deepest blue. However upon closer inspection, it reeks of
death and corruption.
When worn by the living, this shroud makes the wearer seem to be
undead. Nonintelligent undead cannot detect the wearer as if
cloaked by hide from undead. Even intelligent undead may fail
to notice you unless they succeed at a DC 11 Will save.
When worn by a vampire, however, this shroud has a very different
effect. The darkness woven into the cloak shrouds the vampire
and allows them to move about during the day. Instead
of taking damage from sunlight, they are only dazzled in areas
of bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
Regardless whether living or dead, once per day, as standard action,
the wearer may call forth the darkness within the shroud
to make them invisible for up to nine minutes.

DM negated the invisibility, and the smell lol. It does not allow full protection from the sun, but it allows us to function normally. It allows a vampire to move through the sunlight hours, not necessarily dazzled, but unable to perform complicated tasks. Talking, walking, running, shopping etc is all fine. But fighting, climbing, tumbling etc, the light is too off-putting to allow concentration. So it basically makes us commoners in the sun light. It offers no extra powers or tricks.

- I also like your description of the slow transformation, the first night, the hangover, etc. How far along the transformation are you?
It goes in feats. Better explained here: https://the-way-of-the-wicked.obsidi.../wikis/vampire

At the present moment, Willow, Garvana and Pellius are The Initiated.

I was supposed to catch up on paperwork today. But I fear, I will not be doing that. This is far more entertaining.
Haha! I think reading this is a far better idea.