Quote Originally Posted by Braininthejar2 View Post
To someone who only plays 3.5 What is the difference between rogue and unchained rogue?
Being fairly new to playing Unchained (Willow is my first), I’m not the best candidate to explain it, but hey! I’ll try.

Unchained: While much of the unchained rogue will be familiar to those who have played the*original rogue, there are a number of new class features that greatly enhance the power and flexibility of the rogue. Chief among these is the*debilitating injury*class feature. A rogue with this ability can severely hamper her foes, giving her a much-needed boost to her offense or defense, depending on the situation. In addition, with*finesse training, the rogue now gains*Weapon Finesse*for free at 1st level. This ability also lets her add her*Dexterity*to damage rolls with one weapon starting at 3rd level. Finally, the*rogue’s edge*ability ties into a new system called*skill unlocks. With this feature, the unchained rogue can master a small set of chosen skills, outperforming all those characters without access to such talents.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/unch...gue-unchained/

As a personal note, I am terrible at remembering the changes. Perhaps it is my inexperience with playing RPG’s altogether, but I find it confusing to remember and put into play, I just end up forgetting to add the bonuses or use the rules specific to me.

Spoiler: Debilitating Injuries
Show

At 4th level, whenever a rogue deals*sneak attack*damage to a foe, she can also debilitate the target of her attack, causing it to take a penalty for 1 round (this is in addition to any penalty caused by a rogue talent or other special ability). The rogue can choose to apply any one of the following penalties when the damage is dealt.
Bewildered: The target becomes bewildered, taking a –2 penalty to AC. The target takes an additional –2 penalty to AC against all attacks made by the rogue. At 10th level and 16th level, the penalty to AC against attacks made by the rogue increases by –2 (to a total maximum of –8).
Disoriented: The target takes a –2 penalty on*attack rolls. In addition, the target takes an additional –2 penalty on all*attack rolls*it makes against the rogue. At 10th level and 16th level, the penalty on*attack rolls*made against the rogue increases by –2 (to a total maximum of –8).
Hampered: All of the target’s speeds are reduced by half (to a minimum of 5 feet). In addition, the target cannot take a 5-foot step.
These penalties do not stack with themselves, but additional attacks that deal*sneak attack*damage extend the duration by 1 round. A creature cannot suffer from more than one penalty from this ability at a time. If a new penalty is applied, the old penalty immediately ends. Any form of healing applied to a target suffering from one of these penalties also removes the penalty.

As for Rogue’s edge, this gets very confusing. But Willow has unlocked Acrobatics, Escape Artist, Perception and Stealth. Again, I forget to apply the new rules most of the time. We use Herolab to play our games on, and the unlocks don’t show anywhere in the character sheets, so I forget they exist most of the time. Some of them have really cool and beneficial changes, some of them are pretty pointless.

Spoiler: Rogue’s Edge
Show

Acrobatics
With sufficient ranks in*Acrobatics, you earn the following.
5 Ranks: You can move at normal speed through a threatened square without provoking an attack of opportunity by increasing the DC of the check by 5 (instead of by 10). You aren't denied your Dexterity bonus when attempting*Acrobatics*checks with DCs of 20 or lower.
10 Ranks: You can attempt an*Acrobatics*check at a –10 penalty and use the result as your CMD against trip maneuvers. You can also attempt an*Acrobatics*check at a –10 penalty in place of a Reflex save to avoid falling. You must choose to use this ability before the trip attempt or Reflex save is rolled. With a successful DC 20*Acrobatics*check, you treat an unintentional fall as 10 feet shorter plus 10 feet for every 10 by which you exceed the DC, and treat an intentional fall as 10 feet shorter for every 10 by which you exceed the DC.
15 Ranks: You do not provoke attacks of opportunity when standing up from prone.
20 Ranks: You double the result of any*Acrobatics*check when jumping and never fall prone at the end of a fall as long as you remain conscious.

Escape Artist
With sufficient ranks in*Escape Artist, you earn the following.
5 Ranks: If you take a –10 penalty, the time required to use this skill is halved; escaping a grapple or pin is a move action, and escaping a net,*animate rope,*command plants,*or*control plants*spell is a standard action.
10 Ranks: You can attempt to escape from any entangling effect as a standard action with an*Escape Artist*check (DC = the effect's save DC + 10). You can attempt an*Escape Artist*check as a move action to set the DC for a creature to escape from ropes or bindings; you gain a +10 bonus on the check if you instead attempt it as a full-round action.
15 Ranks: You can escape any entangling effect (as above) as a move action. As a standard action, you can attempt an*Escape Artist*check (DC = the effect's save DC + 20) to suppress a*slow*or paralysis effect for 1 round, plus 1 round for every 5 by which you exceed the DC. This action counts as purely mental for the purpose of being able to take it while paralyzed.
20 Ranks: You can escape being entangled, grappled, or pinned as an immediate action with an*Escape Artist*check (DC = the effect's DC + 10 or the attacker's CMB + 10). You can attempt to suppress a*slow*or paralysis effect as a standard action (increasing the DC by 10), a move action (increasing the DC by 15), or an immediate action (increasing the DC by 20).

Perception
With sufficient ranks in*Perception, you earn the following.
5 Ranks: You remain alert to sounds even in your sleep, and the normal DC increase to*Perception*checks when you are sleeping is halved. The distance modifier on the DC of*Perception*checks you attempt is reduced to +1 per 20 feet.
10 Ranks: The distance modifier on the DC of*Perception*checks you attempt is reduced to +1 per 30 feet. In addition, you gain a +5 bonus on*Perception*checks to notice or locate an invisible creature or object.
15 Ranks: You remain alert to sounds even in your sleep, and the normal DC increase to*Perception*checks when you are sleeping doesn't apply to you. The distance modifier on the DC of your*Perception*checks is reduced to +1 per 40 feet.
20 Ranks: You gain a +10 bonus on*Perception*checks to notice invisible creatures or objects. The distance modifier on the DC of*Perception*checks you attempt is reduced to +1 per 60 feet.

Stealth
With sufficient ranks in*Stealth, you earn the following.
5 Ranks: Reduce the*Stealth*penalty from sniping by 10.
10 Ranks:*Stealth*check penalties for moving quickly are halved, including the ability unlocked at 5 ranks, moving full speed, and reaching concealment after creating a distraction.
15 Ranks: If you attack after successfully using*Stealth, your target is denied its Dexterity bonus against all attacks that you make before the end of your turn.
20 Ranks: If you attack after successfully using*Stealth, your target is denied its Dexterity bonus against all attacks that you make before the beginning of your next turn.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/u...llUnlocks.html

As far as i know, there's not a massive difference to the original rogue, they just remade it to ensure a rogue stays versatile. Though getting a sneak attack can take a lot of round and play sacrifice, when they manage to get one, it is worth the wait. And rogue's being the skill-monkeys, they are made even skilled-er-monkeys.

Also, from trying to read pathfinder rules, it seems that the immunity to critical hits is much more rare there. So less chance of Willow sharing the fate of lady Clementine.
Lol, i had to look this up. But yeah lol, immunity to critical hits it usually a creature feat, as in oozes, swarms, incorporeal (if attack is made without the ghost touch abiltity) etc.
It's pretty uncommon for humanoids to have immunity to crits, but not completely unheard of.