View Single Post

Thread: Red Flags for DMs?

1. - Top - End - #261
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Red Flags for DMs?

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    The DM isn't strictly required to understand all the ins and out of a class. Some DMs may have issues of trust with players which is a separate issue. The player should understand the class they want to play, but it doesn't hurt having someone else know exactly how the rules for it work.
    The greater concern I suppose would be in designing encounters for the party. If the DM can't accurately gauge the abilities of a class, they may end up placing the party in situations that are painfully easier to overcome or are inadequate to face.
    Agreed, especially with the bolded part.

However, if the DM is tailoring the encounters to the party (which is one of my red flags, remember), and F's up, no big - that's just one of the 5% of encounters the DMG says you're supposed to run away from or die. No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Naez View Post
    As you have wished it, so shall it be.

Seriously though I compiled the list for the Player thread too and there's a lot of shared entries.
    Thanks.

Say, could I get you to do me another favor? Could you link directly to your compiled list in the other thread, or, barring that, tell me which page it's on? I haven't really been able to think of any big problems I've had with players, so I haven't bothered contributing to or reading that thread yet, but I'd love to read the cliff notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    back in the day, new characters took about 5 minutes to make, and about half that to die instantly to some 'screw-you' trap or monster.
    Hahaha, yeah.
    Last edited by Quertus; 2017-04-26 at 10:14 PM.