View Single Post

Thread: The mercenary (base class)

1. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: The mercenary (base class)

what up homey, love the class design but I would reconsider the depth of the AC bonuses they get for the fighting styles, i mean MAAAAAAYBE if they were limited to light armor and a buckler, but even that wouldn't fit for what some mercs are. i think you should either A cut the 1/2 class level to AC bonuses back to 1/4 or B ensure these bonuses do not stack with Combat Expertise or Fighting Defensively/Total Defense, because man, +10 AC on TOP of everything else... just... wooof... it could work if they maybe had to choose a single fighting style and maybe it grew in strength over time at the levels given OR they chose another style, so they could focus on one if they wished or be lightly trained across the board by selecting a lot of different ones, but again LOVE the concept xD

EDIT: and for contract focus I think it'd be more fitting if he got a bonus to his will saves against any charm or compulsion effects that would make him abandon or otherwise hinder his mission, maybe even 1/2 level in the end, this way he is still incredibly hard to sway from his mission but a person could still potentially charm him into a mission he might not otherwise have taken

Also for true ressurection at 20th I think he maybe you should allow him to always be able to make a Fortitude save against damage if it would reduce him to dying or dead as long as he currently has a contract. If he's above 1 when this occurs he is reduced to 1 instead of the lower number. always keeps him standing potentially which is pretty damn good still, though i'll admit it's hard to compete with a self true res. i ended up making a witch doctor who could do that, but it was like once per week xP
    Last edited by artimus261; 2017-04-27 at 08:56 AM.