Novices

Ella refuses to be nervous and pushes open the door with perhaps more force than is strictly necessary. She immediately pushes her hand through a shining web that fills the room. A circle of silence.

Spoiler
Show
You may make one weavesight roll to learn Circle of Silence

Briefly distracted by the weave before you, the group then notices the two women within the room. A small woman with a plain appearance sits in a chair holding another woman, one who is weeping! The room itself is plain and overrun with books.

The Aes Sedai providing comfort looks up and you note that she is surrounded by the power. She is evidently maintaining the warding and appears distracted. "What are you doing here girls? I -ah, I am meant to be teaching am I not, it had slipped my mind. Apologies girls, but I cannot right now. Seek out the library and find Garland's Treaties on the Borderlands, cover what you can of the inception of those nations, I will make certain to cover the topic again at another time."

Whilst she is speaking the crying woman raises her head and brushes the tears from her eyes. She too bears the ageless face but none of you recognise her, nor have you ever known an Aes Sedai to cry!

"My apologies for disrupting your class," she managed in a quavering voice, but there was no heart to it.

Only a few of the girls, Ella, Lilleah, Cirelyn and Nesta had been within sight of the room, and the other novices were outside of the warding and so knew nothing of this, but it doesn't take much time for Ella to explain what they were expected to do. And so the group makes their way down to the libraries, for a rather boring afternoon (depending on your perspective) reading about ancient kings and even more ancient treaties. There were enough copies that the group could split up, but still they were glad when the evening bell rang and they could escape.

Ella and Nesta each had their own appointments to keep and so disappeared whilst the other novices went their separate ways. There was much gossiping about the Aes Sedai, but no one yet knew anything concrete.

Hala and Nicaene

Those names, they were not uncommon, but as she was weighing them up with Hala the same woman from before chimed in: "Jerold, oh I know the man. Used to work in the White Tower itself, in the library I heard. But well, the new Amyrlin, Light illumine her, didn't want no men in the Tower, even those that worked, so he was sent packing with not even a thank you. Haven't heard much more lately, but there you go." This chimes with what you recall of the Amyrlin Seat's decree, and you do vaguely recall there being a male librarian that was forced to leave.

Still, you have gleaned a great deal of information already: you've identified at least some of the perpetrators of the group, a location you know they frequent, as well as their plans. Caster Gaidin would want to hear of this. Not to mention the lead you still had to follow up the next day: it would not be good to act before you had learned more of the situation.

Returning to the Tower, Caster listens to your report with his usual terseness, but he does seem mildly impressed by your work. "The Kandori Merchants' Guildhall? Interesting, they'll only let nobles in there so I don't think you'll have much luck getting in no matter how pretty your faces. And where did you learn about this? I've heard nothing of the issues with the Fish Market, which troubles me."

"Still, you should find away to stop those men prophesying tomorrow: we can't have them causing such a disruption, and not if they're going to draw crowds on Springfest."

You are quickly dismissed and return to your barracks where you are left to come up with a plan. It seems like such a daunting task for two individuals.

Ella

Ella finds her way to the Red Ajah quarters where she finds Ellinar unpacked and alone in her rooms, drinking tea from the most expensive set of cups Ella has ever seen. The Aes Sedai welcomes her in and then offers her a cup of her own.

"Now what is it that you wished to speak to me about girl?" She asked curiously.

(Feel free to role play this at the same time as the events of the next day)

Nesta

For her part, the Seafolk novice finds her way to the Yellow quarters with some nervousness. Was she to be chastised for Healing Lilleah?

Ryla is found in a very homely set of rooms, along with two other sisters of the Yellow, Romanda an elderly woman with a stern face and Samitsu, an Arafellin with small silver bells in her hair that chimed musically as she turned to greet the new arrival.

"Hello Nesta," Ryla began warmly. "We want to talk about what you did earlier. Healing Miss Darshawn, Lilleah."

(Feel free to role play this at the same time as the events of the next day)

All

Springfest! A day of freedom for both Novices and Trainees, or it was supposed to be, but there was a job to be done at least for Nicaene and Hala. But how would the others spend their day?

Spoiler
Show
Hi all! I'm back. Sorry for the somewhat railroad-y post, but I wanted to get things moving again properly! Obviously there is the option for the whole group to try and disrupt the prophets with Nicaene and Hala,
but if you want to pursue other things or split up that's also fine.