View Single Post

Thread: The Dragon Empire IC, Part III

1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The Dragon Empire IC, Part III

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    No kidding, my heart dropped into my stomach when I read the foot-chopping thing. This is intense.

Edmund looks on in horror as the badly wounded dwarf pulls the lever and blood gushes into the cage and pedestal. Ignoring the crossbow bolts and bursts of dark energy whizzing past him, he breaks away from the two elves and leaps atop the pedestal. He stomps one giant boot into the trough, spraying Rory's lifeblood all over himself and the onlookers, but trying to halt the flow before it can finish filling the magic runes.

Standing on top of the pedestal and towering above the room, he lifts his glaive in right hand above his head. The tattoo on his forearm glows white as a flash of divine energy lights up the room for an instant, healing everyone nearby.

He calls up to the melee up on the balcony. "Get down here! They don't have much time!" Gripping his glaive in both hands he stares down at the cultists from the higher ground, daring them to approach.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ed is going to move away from the elves up into the pedestal, aiming to stand with one foot in Rory's trough. I'm hoping that his enlarged foot will be big enough to stop or slow the flow of blood and interrupt the ritual.

Ed's movement will provoke from EA1.

Once he's up there, Ed will use his last channel energy to stabilise Rory and Angela. Unfortunately going to heal some of the cultists as well, but I've got no other ideas for saving them.

Channel Energy: (2d3)[3]

Last thing - RW, did you factor in Ed's DR 5/bludgeoning in those last attacks?

Spoiler: Stat block
    Show
    Edmund Grimace

Chaotic Good Human Fighter/Cleric (ECL 5)

HP 42/46, Initiative +4, Speed 25, BAB 4.
    AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-Footed 14, CMB +8, CMD 20
    Fort+8, Ref+3, Will+6
    Masterwork Glaive +9 (1d10+6)
    Throwing Axe +8 (Melee) +6 (Thrown) (1d6+4)
    +1 Orcsbane Warhammer +9(+11) (1d8+7(+2d6+2))
    Shortbow +6 (1d6)
    Chain Shirt +4 (Light)

Effects Defending Bone DR 5/Bludgeoning (20/25) 5 hour duration - cast prior to entering Calistrian temple;

Spells (CL5): (L1) 0/4, (L2) 0/3
    (D1) 0/1, (D2) 0/1

Maneuvers (IL3):
    Encouraging Roar (X)

Abilities: STR 18, DEX 14, CON 14, INT 10, WIS 15, CHA 10

Special Abilities: Channel Energy 0/3, Ferocious Strike 0/5, Touch of Glory 2/5.
    Last edited by H. Von Studley; 2017-05-04 at 12:49 AM.