Quote Originally Posted by Quertus View Post
Listen, young'un, ain't nothin' wrong with spending time with your elders, or with those dang youths and their hippy nonsense. Many of my friends are less than half your age, and I've taught several 7-year-olds to play d20. The new generation's gotta learn to play somehow, and I don't want them picking up bad habits from their hippy friends, and using those bad habits to create another 4th edition. Digest that, then get off my lawn!

Totally agree that a jerk DM is way, way worse than a jerk player.
Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly mind an age gap. I'm already the old guy in my group, where ages go from my 38 to the DM's girlfriend (her being that is not much of a problem) who is in her mid 20's. Nothing wrong with that. Back when I lived in England, I was 29, the DM 19.. it was cool.
And should any child relative/ child of a friend request to play, I would have 0 problems with it. Since however most of my social life these days revolves around the people I play with (aside from my partner's friends, that is), I'd rather have people I have at least a passing affinity with outside the gaming world. If you're 15/20 and your main concerns are getting permission from your mom to hang out, preparing for a test the next day, dabbing, one direction and today's equivalent of Hannah Montana, and you can't tell what show our movie classic I'm quoting during the game, then chances are you and me won't have much in common and unless you're a relative or a friend's relative, I have little interest in committing anyway. This is doubly true if you're going to be the DM and I've got to argue common sense with you at every turn.
That's not to say everybody half my age would be that way, but the odds aren't really reassuring, especially so here in Italy, where a generation gap really tends to be rather wide.
Also, it's usually my lawn, so shove off yourself!