Quote Originally Posted by Mad Humanist View Post
This sounds like an objection to bringing in new NPCs into the story. I never cease to be impressed with what the Giant does with his NPCs. If he wants to do something with this scenario I am sure it will be worth it.
Oh, so it is just as tepid as you made it sound

I'd think there's a lot more potential in
  • the vampires stalk after the members of retinues individually, getting votes through subterfuge instead of brute force
  • when the Order arrives, they have to cleverly ablate the suspicion that comes from a dwarf-less set of adventurers seeking a meeting that a cleric-less set of adventurers probably shouldn't even know about
  • the dominated dwarves try to cooerce other dwarves to act against the Order, only to discover that Durkon managed to mislead HPoH's interpretations into self-contradictions because HPoH couldn't see the lack of connection between them
  • after resolving the vampiric domination and negating Godsmoot threat, it turns out HPoH himself isn't even there, because he headed out for Kraagor's gate just in case the Godsmoot vote rigging failed because destroying the last Gate would get Hel's end result
  • the Order leaves Firmament chasing HPoH towards where Team Evil, along with O-Chul and Lien, are.