Nicaene relaxed again. Crisis averted! It seems their little brush with danger had left an impression on Lilleah. Maybe she'd be a bit more cautious from now on; Though hopefully not too cautious. Lilleah's mischief and curiosity made her a wonderful friend. Nicaene wouldn't dream of extinguishing them.

Right, back to planning. Lilleah's suggestion of disguise provoked a wry chuckle. Nicaene had no confidence in her ability to pull off that particular plan.

"Me as a noble? Ha! I can just picture it: Lady Nicaene swanning into the hall, wearing...Actually, I can show you. You'll get a smile out of this."

Nicaene rummaged beneath her bed, and extracted something. She then disappeared behind a hanging curtain that the guardswomen used when they needed some privacy. The sound of shifting fabric could be heard for a minute. Then Nicaene emerged again: Wearing a very nice green dress. The newly 'ennobled' girl walked slowly forward; With the awkward movements of someone trying not to trip over their own garments. The curtsey she gave upon reaching Lilleah was just as bad. And when she spoke, her voice vaguely resembled a noble's accent (if you heard it from two rooms away while nearly deaf).

"How do you do? The Lady Nicaene at your service. Pleased to make your acquai...acquai...*giggle*...Ha, see what I mean? I can't even keep up the voice for three sentences. No amount of fine clothes or accessories will change me into someone else. One of the Sisters ordered me to buy this thing when I first arrived: And it looks just as ridiculous on me as I told her it would."